Sunday, October 9, 2011

Birthday Week

My birthday was on Tuesday, and I wasn't that excited about it because 22 isn't that exciting, plus I would be working all day, plus my family wouldn't be around.  BUT I ended up having a fantastic day thanks to the beauty of our nation's postal service, and my awesome friends.

I went to lunch that day and returned to a decorated cubicle, plus champagne + flute.  I was really touched because I wasn't expecting it at all.  Then we had birthday cake.










I got home and opened Matt's gift, which was a necklace that I spotted and loved while we were apartment hunting this summer.  It was so thoughtful and perfect, and really stinkin' cool.  It's even better because it reminds me of this guy.  I also had a package from Ashley with mugs, which is key for the ridiculous amounts of coffee I drink.

Then a delivery of fresh flowers arrived from Kiki!  First time I ever received flowers, and I was way more excited than I probably should have been.  

I also received a ton of love from people who sent birthday wishes one way or another.  So Matt and I drank the champagne and I ran around all excited while calling and texting all the wonderful people who had reached out that day.

(The terrible quality of these phone-pictures is really pushing me to pre-order the new iPhone.  Also my macbook just corrected 'iphone' to 'iPhone' automatically.  Big brother is watching.)

No comments:

Post a Comment