Saturday, June 18, 2011

Photo Diary: Antiquing in the NC Mountains

Friday, mom had a day off and we went to Banner Elk and Blowing Rock in search of consignment and antique shops filled with cool junk.  I had the best day hanging out with my mom, but came home empty handed.


We did find the best trunks I've ever seen in my life.  BUT, they were not consignment or in my price range.  I am slightly over-interested in textiles, so I loved the aztec-ie one on the bottom left.  The rugs were also ridiculously expensive, but equally gorgeous.  Might have hyperventilated a little while looking through them all.  They even smelled like animal.





Then we went to lunch.  



Then I spent the rest of the afternoon documenting the absurd things you can buy in antique shops.  


Like viking chairs.


And Lady-Pinocchios.



And babies in bark satchels... and in spoons.



And rhinestone-covered amphibians.



Whatta good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment