Saturday, June 11, 2011

Planning ahead and out of my budget

I got back from NYC apartment hunting a couple days ago with a lot of things to think about.  We think we found an apartment, but getting everything ironed out with the lease is more difficult than we thought.  So, yeah.  I'm just going to plan my room (still unrealistically because my real budget is depressing).


via west elm (on sale!)


via west elm

via crate and barrel, of course

via west elm

I've always wanted an upholstered headboard, and I think I'll keep my room simple with whites, creams, and light grays.  BUT, I do think I want a more dramatic, darker rug like this one.

via here

And then when I'm moving all these lovely things into my new East Village apartment, I'll wear my new Bensimon classic lace-ups that I got in Madewell in New York.  (This part is not wishful thinking.)


2 comments:

  1. You should come visit my apartment this summer. All I did for years when I lived in my old dump was dream about decorating a new place and I finally got to! (Not top-of-the-line but new, grown-up furniture at least) Pictures on facebook to come soon. Ikea and places that sell showroom furniture (must consider it used, but its not really) have the best deals and make buying awesome stuff pretty afforable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! It must be exciting to see everything come together. I've definitely been doing some consignment/craigslist furniture shopping. Sadly, our lease fell through (seriously) today, so we're starting from square one.

    ReplyDelete